- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 2-3″ pieces
- 6 carrots, peeled & cut into 2-3 ” pieces
- 2 (7oz) bags of prunes (I used ones with lemon essence)
- 1/2 c dried cherries
- 1/4 c honey
- 3 Tbsps. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsps. salt
- peel or zest from 1 lemon for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Put the carrots, potatoes, prunes & cherries in a baking dish. Drizzle the honey over the veggies & fruit. Next sprinkle with salt, cinnamon & brown sugar. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Half way through the cooking, stir the veggies.
When ready to serve, out the Tzimmes in a serving dish and sprinkle it with the lemon peel or zest.