You’ve always wanted to be able to cook pizza on your grill, but you don’t want the hassle of dealing with a stone and coal. Well here is the answer! This outdoor pizza oven is made from high-quality cast aluminum and stainless steel, and it’s designed to work with any standard kettle grill.
Plus it has a built-in thermometer so that you can monitor your cooking temperature without opening up the dome. It’s also easy to assemble – just attach the legs with four bolts!
The best part about this product? You can get free shipping by using our link! This blog post will describe how to get started building your outdoor oven, as well as highlight some of the best recipes you can make on it!
Top 8 Best Outdoor Pizza Oven Under $500 For 2021:
1. Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven Black:
Features We Love:
- Get a pizza oven that can cook at over 930 degrees Fahrenheit (500 Celsius)
- Cook pizza in a way that is authentic to the Italian tradition.
- Enjoy cooking with less cleanup and more flavor.
- Cook pizza authentically with a wood-fired oven.
- No need to buy expensive gas or charcoal.
- Brand: Bertello.
- Weight: 34.6 pounds.
- Size: 22 x 14 x 10.5 inches.
From the name, we know that you love your pizza recipes and want to provide a cooking experience with hot, red-hot pizzas and ovens of fire.
Bake artisan bread in our beautifully crafted stove for not just PB&J sandwiches but breadsticks, garlic knots, and even calzones! Whether it’s cooling down after playing outside or at the beach nearby, enjoy returning home to your homecooked meal when you’re tired from activity.
These are only hints of what this outdoor oven has in store! Authentic Gas, Charcoal, and Wood Fired Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven cooker. Cook at over 1000 degrees Fahrenheit (550 Celsius) with the Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven.
12.5″ wide x 13.5″ deep cooking surface for authentic wood fire and gas brick oven pizza. Cordierite stone, wood chip/pellet scoop, and wood/charcoal/pellet tray included.”
The Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven contains a cordierite stone surface built to hold up under high temperatures so your dough won’t burn before it gets cooked.
There are also steel handles integrated seamlessly making moving or transporting a snap while versatile legs adjust easily depending on terrain and messiness level desired by the user.
2. Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven, Stainless Steel:
Features We Love:
- Double layered ceiling enhances heating dynamics.
- Preheat and be ready to cook in 15 minutes.
- Cook like a pro.
- Get your food to the perfect temperature.
- Save on propane with this oven.
- Cook pizza, bread, meats, and more at the perfect temperature.
- Brand: Camp Chef.
- Weight: 47 Pounds.
- Size: 30 x 19.5 x 18 inches.
Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven lets you experience pizzeria-quality pizza and other dishes right in your backyard. With this outdoor oven, creating high-quality baked goods has never been easier!
The preheat time is just 15 minutes, and the oven reaches temperatures of up to 700° F. From roasting meats or baking bread to crafting mouthwatering desserts that’ll satisfy any craving, this versatile appliance will take your culinary experience to the next level.
Made from stainless steel for a sleek modern look and easy cleanup, Camp Chef’s Italia Artisan Pizza Oven makes it possible to cook excellent food with ease.
You don’t have to be a budding chef to enjoy every bite – all it takes is an innovative cook who knows how to get the most out of their cooking equipment.
This oven bakes your food evenly, while its spacious interior has plenty of room for all kinds of delicious eats. It’s also capable of holding up to four 14″ pizzas at the same time – perfect for sharing with friends!
3. Ooni Karu 12 – Multi-Fuel Outdoor Pizza Oven:
Features We Love:
- Cook pizza in 12 minutes.
- Use multiple fuel sources.
- Bake pizza 5 times faster than a conventional oven.
- Maintain high temperature reach 950°F.
- Easy to transport.
- Brand: Ooni.
- Weight: 42 Pounds.
- Size: 36.61 x 13.78 x 30.71 inches.
The Ooni Karu 12 is perfect for the pizza lover with the needs of a chef. Ambitious outdoor cooks will get such an intense and delectable crust on their pizzas, that everyone else in the campsite will want one too!
Retractable legs allow you to position your WoodStone Pizza oven accordingly so it remains stable and leaves plenty of space on your table or ground next to some firewood while still catering for small and large groups.
The Ooni Karu 12 is your next favorite outdoor cooking device. Two 6-inch by 6-inch pad stones are heated to 1000 degrees Fahrenheit, perfect for pizzas or vegetables! Included are two pizza peels that cradle the base of the oven while you drum roll on top to create delicious satisfying sounds.
You can even change dishes without having to touch any heat coils with padded gloves. With its compact size and wide range of uses, there’s no limit to what can be done with this innovative multi-fire outdoor pizza oven.
4. Made in USA KETTLEPIZZA Deluxe USA Pizza Oven Kit for Kettle Grills:
Features We Love:
- Cooks’ pizza at a high temperature.
- Works with charcoal or hardwood fires.
- Easily cook pizzas, calzones, and more without having to remove the lid.
- No more burnt or soggy crusts.
- Allows you to cook more than one pizza at a time.
- Brand: KettlePizza, LLC.
- Weight: 18 Pounds.
- Size: 22.5 x 22.5 x 7 inches.
This kit will transform your kettle grill into a pizza oven. You’ll be able to make high-quality, authentic pizzas on-demand without firing up the gas or electrical appliances.
Features include a heat-retaining lid, stainless steel construction, thermometer for monitoring heat levels, aluminum pan, and metal pizza peel. Aluminum needs to be replaced every 8 hours of use due to flood damage that can occur during the cooking process.
Comes with an 18 1/2″ x 15 3/4″ cordierite stone that provides excellent thermal mass – trapping fire’s radiant energy-producing consistent temperatures up to 900°F (500°C). Works with charcoal and hardwood fuel only and no gas or electricity.
5. Big Horn Outdoors Pizza Ovens Wood Pellet:
Features We Love:
- Cook delicious pizza in 90 seconds or less.
- The durable and lightweight oven is easy to clean, store, and assemble.
- Cooks pizzas, steaks, burgers, vegetables, and more.
- Includes three 16″ stainless steel cooking grids.
- Durable stainless steel construction with heavy-duty legs.
- Comes apart for easy transport and storage.
- Brand: BIG HORN OUTDOORS.
- Weight: 27.8 pounds.
- Size: 21 x 14 x 24 inches.
The Big Horn Outdoor Pizza Ovens Wood Pellet is a high-quality, sturdy stainless steel pizza oven ready to cook in 18 minutes. Its temperatures range from 460°F – 860°F making it safe for cooking all types of foods and capable of roasting steaks, fish, lamb chops, burgers as well as salmon and vegetable dishes.
This unit takes the guesswork out of seizing up your kitchen with an efficient 65 square inch surface area that can be easily cleaned after use because this durable but lightweight 90lb oven dismantles down into four parts.
This powerful little machine can cook delicious pizzas in excessive heat – cutting the typical cooking time down to just about 90 seconds! Not only does the outdoor oven provide an innovative way to enjoy your favorite dishes outside on warm summer nights, but it also provides a space for simple family bonding.
6. Mimiuo Portable Wood Pellet Pizza Oven:
Features We Love:
- It’s lightweight, portable, and can be used outdoors.
- The temperature reaches 932℉ in about 10 minutes.
- Pizza crust will be crispy, fluffy, and flavorful.
- Uses less energy than an oven.
- It’s easy to assemble and install in minutes without any tools.
- The cordierite pizza stone is super high-temperature resistant (up to 2200℉) and has robust stability.
- Brand: Onlyfire.
- Weight: 41.3 pounds.
- Size: 28.9 x 20.39 x 14.49 inches.
The latest series in the Mimiuo Tisserie Wood Pellet Pizza Oven is lightweight for easy transport and fits easily in your backyard, at the beach, or any other outdoor space.
When it comes to cooking outdoors, our idea of a great meal includes nothing but fresh ingredients—you don’t have to wait around all day for something scrumptious to be delivered.
Our ovens are used by professional chefs worldwide on top of rooftops, gardens, patios wherever their innovative ideas are birth. And you can prepare multiple pizzas at once while waiting on preheat with its 800+W burner that reaches 932℉ in 10-15 minutes. A perfect outdoor cookout without compromising quality or taste.
Made from sturdy steel and cast iron, this attractive oven can stand up to years of cooking without showing wear. Although there is no bow-wow factor, it’s a reliable workhorse for those who enjoy creating their recipes or want to take home pie creations from their favorite pizzeria!
7. Deco Chef Outdoor Pizza Oven:
Features We Love:
- Simple to use and fast to cook meals.
- Grill up to 16 inches of pizza in less than 5 minutes.
- Portable and easy to use.
- Durable construction.
- Avoid the hassle of lugging around your oven.
- Brand: Deco Chef.
- Weight: 40.3 pounds.
- Size: 19.75 x 15.5 x 31 inches.
The Deco Chef Pizza Oven is a professional quality outdoor pizza oven that delivers authentic wood-fired taste with a simple design. The perfect size, this oven has an enclosed stainless steel frame with up to 950°F of heat for fast cooking time and is easy to use!
The included grilling grate allows you to cook your favorite meats or vegetables along with pizzas. You can’t beat delicious BBQ or grilled veggies on the same grill as kitchen ingredients, so why not give it a try?
You can cook fantastic meals in your backyard, bring it camping, or make a memorable meal at any tailgate or outdoor gathering you attend!
Assembly is simple and easy; once assembled, the oven folds up for travel and storage. The durable all-stainless steel construction of this kitchen workhorse will last year after year.
8. Propane Pizza Oven, PZ101SN Outdoor Gas Pizza Oven:
Features We Love:
- The ceramic pizza stone is durable and easy to clean.
- The GASLAND outdoor propane pizza oven can make a crispy pizza in 3 minutes.
- Perfect for parties or catering events.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Fast cooking time.
- Brand: GASLAND.
- Weight: 44 pounds.
- Size: 21.4 x 22.0 x 22.0 inch.
Our outdoor propane pizza oven is equipped with double heating burners. It can reach 572°F in 3 minutes, making a pizza in a short time. Equipped with a built-in thermometer that helps you to know the inside temperature for a perfect taste.
Together with its large size of 18’2 x 13’7 x 7/8 inch, it provides enough space to rotate your pizza which makes it more evenly heated and get crispy pizzas. The total output is up to 16500+5500 BTU per hour!
PZ101SN outdoor gas pizza oven made by high-grade stainless steel construction for durability daily use. Automatic ignition’s function is easy to control with manual or push-button design at any time you want including 4-6 minutes standing instruction.
Regulator and 5 ft cable included let you easily adapt to standard 20 lb propane tank.
1. What is an outdoor pizza oven and what are the benefits of using one:
An outdoor pizza oven is an enclosed stove designed to replicate the temperature of a standard brick over. The outdoor version is generally smaller than the indoor variety, but it can still make delicious pizzas straight out in your backyard.
Although cooking inside the confines of an oven might be convenient for some users, cooking outdoors has its advantages.
For one thing, the outdoor pizza oven uses less energy so you can save on electricity bills. You can also cook in an open-air environment, which means a free-flowing breeze and fresh air with every meal.
Also, an outdoor pizza oven is usually compact and lightweight, allowing you to carry it from point A to B without much fuss. It is perfect for tailgating, camping, and other outdoor events where a stove is needed.
2. What are the different types of outdoor pizza ovens?
While there may be some differences in terms of size and features, all outdoor pizza ovens have the same general components. Typically, there’s the main storage area where you can put your food, the stove (which is the heating element) and a lid.
Which materials make up an outdoor pizza oven?
The main material used in constructing an outdoor pizza oven is stainless steel because it does not rust easily. There are those made from aluminum as well, but they tend to conduct heat better than those made with stainless steel.
Since the outdoor version is usually smaller than the indoor type, you can save money by purchasing a stainless steel model.
3. What are the advantages of an outdoor pizza oven over traditional brick ovens?
There are several benefits to using an outdoor pizza oven instead of traditional brick ovens. For one thing, they are portable and small, allowing you to carry them from one place to another.
Outdoor pizza ovens are also lightweight and easy to set up, which makes them a great solution for tailgating or camping.
In addition, outdoor pizza ovens provide an open-air environment where you can see what’s cooking at all times. What’s more, these appliances require far less energy than traditional brick ovens.
4. How to use an outdoor pizza oven?
Since some outdoor pizza ovens are designed to fit into a standard 20 lb propane tank, you will need to buy the regulator that goes along with it. This can be attached to the top of the tank for an easy setup.
Make sure the stone is completely preheated before placing your food on it. You can test this using a wooden spoon or a pair of tongs.
Place your food on the pizza stone once it’s hot enough and close the lid to trap in heat and moisture. This helps lock in flavor and keeps things from drying out too quickly.
Depending on how you like your pizza, set the temperature accordingly:
The lower temperature is for those who like crispy crust and thin cheese.
The higher temperature is for those whose preference leans towards a golden-brown crust and gooey cheese.
How long does it take to cook pizza in an outdoor pizza oven?
It generally takes around 3 minutes of cooking time to get the perfect crispy base, but this will depend on how hot your stone is.
5. How to clean an outdoor pizza oven?
Regular cleaning should be done after each use to reduce the chances of accumulation and build-up. All that’s needed is a long-handled soft bristle brush, soap, water, and protective gloves to keep your hands from getting burnt.
Mix a few drops of dishwashing soap in some lukewarm water.
You can then use the soft bristle brush to remove any food particles or stains on the stove, oven, or lid. Use a towel to dry afterward.
Store your outdoor pizza oven away from moisture after cleaning for best results.
6. Tips on how to choose the right size, type, and style of outdoor pizza oven for your needs:
– The size of your outdoor pizza oven should depend on the number of people you’ll be cooking for.
– If you only have to cook for a few people, go with a smaller model. Meanwhile, those who have large gatherings may want to go with larger models so they won’t have to keep refilling it with food.
– There are propane outdoor pizza ovens, which are portable and small. These take up less space than traditional brick ovens.
– The ceramic version is larger, but they tend to retain heat longer. This makes them ideal for use during winter months or colder climates. The downside is that they need to be plugged into an electric outlet to operate.
– If you want to cook different foods, go for a double-deck pizza oven with two decks or tiers.
– For those who want something more efficient and easy to use, go for an outdoor pizza oven that’s available as part of a grilling package.
– Some models come with an attached stand and wheels for added convenience and portability.
– Finally, consider the style you want your outdoor pizza oven to have. Some models look modern and sleek while others are more traditional in appearance.
1) What type of oven is used for making pizza?
The kind most commonly used by cooks and chefs around the world for making different kinds of pizzas is a brick oven.
2) What is the difference between a wood-fired oven and a brick oven?
A wood-fired oven relies on wood to generate heat, which is circulated throughout the chamber with metal parts. A brick oven has bricks throughout it which are heated by burning wood, charcoal, or propane gases.
3) How many types of outdoor pizza ovens are available?
There are two types of outdoor pizza ovens you can choose from, ceramic and traditional. The former is larger than its counterpart but it also needs to be plugged into an electric outlet to function. Meanwhile, the latter uses bricks to produce heat but is smaller in size.
4) How do I know which one will best fit my needs?
If you’re on a tight budget, go with the traditional one. If space is not an issue, pick up a ceramic oven instead. However, if you want something easy to use and versatile, look for a grilling package that includes both types of outdoor pizza ovens.
5) What size should I get for my outdoor pizza oven?
As mentioned earlier, you’ll need to consider the number of people you’ll be cooking for before getting one. For small groups, go with smaller models. Those who need something bigger should choose large-sized ovens that can accommodate more ingredients and servings.
Cooking with Gas Stove
Since there are many kinds of outdoor pizza ovens on the market, it’s best to think about your needs first before you start browsing.
Keep in mind that the size of your oven should depend on how many people you have to cook for at a time. Don’t forget that these ovens also come in different types and styles so you’ll need to determine what you want as well. Once you’ve thought everything through, it should be easy for you to find the perfect one that will suit your home and lifestyle needs.