BBQ Temperature Controller: A Must-Have for the Serious Grill Master!
The BBQ temperature controller is a must-have for any serious griller. This can be used to ensure that your meat is cooked just right every time, and it will eliminate the need to constantly check on your food while cooking.
It is accurate enough to set a timer from inside the house with an app, so you don’t have to stand in front of the grill all day long or keep opening up vents. You’ll never overcook a steak again!
I’ll tell you what BBQ temperature controller is; how they work; how much they cost; and where to buy them (if that’s what you’re looking for). And then finally, I’ll give my personal opinion on whether or not these things are worth buying.
Top 6 Best BBQ Temperature Controller for 2021:
1. Flame Boss 500-WiFi Smoker Controller (Steel Smoker Kit):
Features We Love:
- Keep your food warm.
- Monitor the temperature of your pit and meat.
- Monitor pit and food temperature.
- Monitor your cooks with the push of a button.
- Know when to turn down your pit temperature.
- Brand: Flame Boss.
- Material: Ceramic, Steel.
- Size: 7.87 x 4.72 x 11.42 inches.
The Flame Boss 500-WiFi Smoker Controller is a must-have for any serious BBQ enthusiast. Using the free iOS or Android app to time, regulate, and monitor your smoker, you’ll never need to worry about overcooked meat again!
With 5 probes included with the base unit and supported by other add ons such as our RF remote, electric outlet thermostat probe adapter, and battery pack extender, you will have absolute control over your smoking experience The best part?
Program all of this from inside your home using a WiFi connection or even better if you’re not one to get dirty then just use voice command through Amazon Alexa or Google Home Features precise temperature control for precise cooking times Patented software means consistency every time.
This smoker controller gives you the power to set alarms, monitor temperatures remotely, adjust the temperature of your pit from android or iPad, or just keep an eye on when that delicious brisket has reached its desired, temp.
Whatever occasion calls for barbecue, Flame Boss 500-WiFi Smoker Controller is here to make sure everything goes off without a hitch.
2. FireBoard 2 Cloud-Connected Smart Thermometer:
Features We Love:
- The accuracy is rated at ±0.7°F (±0.4°C).
- Temperature readings are reliable and accurate.
- Easy to read display.
- Durable construction.
- Get notifications when food is done.
- Know what you’re cooking before it’s done.
- Always know what temperature your food is at.
- Brand: FireBoard.
- Size: 4.4″W x 2.8″H x 1.1″D.
- Weight: 8oz (226.8g).
Elevate your cooking with the Fireboard 2 “smart” thermometer. Get reliable temperature readings for almost any food, anytime you want with this battery-powered Bluetooth or WiFi enabled device!
Take some of the guesswork out of cooking by making sure meats are cooked to perfection. Automatically download all data from past cooks and get notifications when it’s time to refill that charcoal grill too!
The new design is sleek and easy to store in drawers or cabinets. Start getting new BBQ ideas on our blog then buy today knowing that these affordable thermometers will provide years worth of accuracy and precision in your kitchen.
FireBoard connects with your Apple iOS or Android smart device over Bluetooth and the FireBoard 2 app. View your sessions in real-time with a large LCD screen, receive alerts when someone else is using it, and learn what temperature ranges indicate optimal performance for you.
3. SMOBOT WiFi Kamado Grill:
Features We Love:
- Monitor your cook from anywhere in the world.
- Know when to add more fuel or water with the mySMOBOT app.
- Get alerts on your phone if anything is going wrong.
- Monitor your grill from anywhere.
- Get alerted when your food is done cooking.
- Monitor your cook from anywhere.
- Get alerts so you don’t have to constantly look at the phone for updates.
- Brand: IOT Controls LLC.
- Size: 10.83 x 7.32 x 2.2 inches.
- Weight: 1.34 pounds.
SMOBOT WiFi Kamado Grill is the newest innovation in smoker cooking. The SMOBOT’s patented Dynamic Damper™ technology enables you to control cooking temperatures, monitor food remotely, and cook your favorite meats to perfection!
With rugged thermocouple grill thermometer mounts for accurate temperature readings every time – the SMOBOT is perfect for any outdoor enthusiast who loves smoking meat with their friends.
SMOBOT is the safest way to control your grill, no more worrying about stray embers or hot surfaces during momentary distractions! With dual probes and WiFi access via our iOS or Android apps, SMOBOT can cook your food within a range of preset temperatures.
Whether you are monitoring one probe in the meat section, two probes for different meats on the same cooking surface, or even have an external device monitoring ambient air temperature around the grill, SMOBOT helps ensure that tasty meals are easily prepared without worry.
4. IQ120 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit:
Features We Love:
- Able to be used for multiple types of meats and foods, not just BBQ.
- Keep food at a desired temperature with the digital meter.
- Cook more efficiently and accurately with precise temperature control.
- Precise temperature control for a perfect meal.
- Digital display to monitor cooking and food temperatures.
- Easily maintain the desired temperature without constant monitoring.
- Brand: Pitmaster IQ.
- Size: 11.1 x 10.16 x 4.8 inches.
- Weight: 2.7 pounds.
The IQ120 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit lets you take control of your cooking process in the kitchen. It’s simple, easy to use, and has multiple settings so it can be used for anything from slow-cooked tough meats like ham or short ribs to thin pieces of fish that need to live between 150ºF and 400ºF.
You’ll never break out into a sweat again with this cutting-edge barbecue temperature regulator kit by your side!
Give your BBQ the high-tech upgrade it deserves with this newly designed IQ120 BBQ Temperature Regulator Kit. At just $199, for a limited time only, you can enjoy the precision control of your cooking temperatures and get all the more delicious food from it!
The kit comes with a digital encoder panel to maintain precise cooking and food temps while avoiding overheating. Now available exclusively at Lowes stores nationwide!
5. Flame Boss 400-WiFi Smoker Controller:
Features We Love:
- Cooks food evenly and consistently.
- Temperature control is accurate to +/- 1 degree Fahrenheit.
- Keeps your grill or smoker at the perfect temperature.
- Eliminates guesswork and the hassle of managing the fire.
- Monitor the temperature of your pit with an app.
- Connect with a WiFi-enabled device and monitor the status of your grill from afar.
- Brand: Flame Boss.
- Size: 8.88 x 5.88 x 2.5 inches.
- Weight: 14.1 ounces.
Impress your dad with the Flame Boss 400-WiFi Smoker Controller, so he can finally BBQ like a pro. This breakthrough gadget makes grilling baby back ribs or beef brisket as easy as flipping on his favorite game show (probably “Chopped”).
With this device configuration coupled with unparalleled customer support, you’re sure to enjoy an authentic barbecue experience that makes it seem like Dad is cooking dinner himself. Simply download the app and plug in the controller–you’ll be barbecuing at high temp in no time!
This product is a WiFi smoker controller, which can be controlled from nearly anywhere in the world – meaning you don’t have to give up on your BBQ just because you’re away from home!
The Flame Boss 400 allows for custom-tailored cooking profiles, easy monitoring of both the pit and food temperatures from any device with a browser, and automatic detection when desired meat temps are reached.
6. DigiQ DX3 BBQ Temperature Controller Green:
Features We Love:
- Cooks food evenly and consistently.
- Prevents overcooking or undercooking meat.
- Cook meat to the perfect temperature every time.
- Keeps your grill at a constant, perfect temperature.
- Gives you an audible “food ready” alert when the food is done cooking.
- High tech digital temperature control device automatically tracks the internal temperature of food.
- Brand: BBQ Guru.
- Size: 10.75 x 10.5 x 4.25 inches.
- Weight: 2.64 pounds.
DigiQ NRT-3100 Digital BBQ Controller is a revolutionary smokin’ grill controller that features audio that starts to monitor the primal sound of cooking.
It not only molds your food’s characteristics but also roasts and stews them brilliantly, potentially saving home chefs hours in pursuit of getting their dinner just right.
The DigiQ achieves this by using sophisticated digital circuitry with both high precision probe inputs for accurate measurement over large distances as well as audible alerts which are emitted when food has reached the perfect temperature.
While it can be used with any kitchen range hood, for optimal control you will need the Digiq Pit Vipers Fan/Blower.
1. What is a BBQ Temperature Controller?
A BBQ temperature controller is a device that attaches to your grill or smoker and adjusts the heat based on certain parameters you set.
For example, if you have a meat probe attached to the inside of your grill/smoker, you can program the temperature controller according to the thickness of the food being cooked and what type of cut of meat it is.
2. How Do BBQ Temperature Controllers Work?
A BBQ temperature controller monitors the internal temperature of your grill or smoker in conjunction with a probe thermometer that is inserted into the food being cooked. The unit then adjusts the heat based on different settings, ensuring that your meat is cooked to perfection every time.
The desired internal temperature you set on the controller and the length of time it takes for that temperature to be reached will determine how much heat is sent to your smoker or grill.
If there is a drastic difference between what you have programmed the temperature controller to do and what is happening with internal temperature, you will be notified via an alarm.
Benefits of Using a BBQ Temperature Controller?
Using a temperature controller allows you to walk away from your grill or smoker and enjoy time with your friends and family without having to spend the entire day at your tailgate.
You simply set it and forget it, leaving yourself free to do other things while you wait for it to beep, letting you know that your food is ready.
3. Are There Different Types of BBQ Temperature Controllers?
Yes, there are three types of BBQ temperature controllers to choose from: wireless, pit controller, and dual probe. Below is a description of each type.
Wireless Controller – Similar to the wired controller, the main difference with this type is that it is completely wireless. It generally attaches to the smoker or grill with a probe, which sits inside the cooking chamber, while the handheld unit sends signals back and forth between both devices.
Pit Controller – This type of controller works in tandem with your smoker’s existing vent system by allowing you to control airflow according to what temperature you want your meat to reach. The pit controller then adjusts the amount of air sent into your smoker based on what you have programmed it to do.
Dual Probe Controller – This type of BBQ temperature controller is ideal for cooking larger amounts of food because it allows you to monitor two different types of meat at once, saving you lots of time.
For example, if you are cooking a pork butt and chicken drumstick, you can monitor both at the same time through one device.
4. How to Use a BBQ Temperature Controller?
Using a temperature controller is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
1) Attach the probe thermometer that comes with your unit into the meat you are going to be cooking.
2) Insert the probe into your meat according to what type of food you are cooking and the thickness of the cut.
For example, something like a pork butt is going to take a lot longer than a steak so you would want to insert the probe further inside it, while a thin steak can have its thermometer inserted near the end of it.
3) Plug the unit into your smoker or grill and turn it on.
4) Set the desired internal temperature you want your meat cooked to.
5) Press start! The controller will now monitor your chamber’s internal temperature, adjusting the heat if necessary to reach the desired cooking level set by you.
5. Features to look for in a controller:
– Multiple meat probes – This comes in handy if you are cooking different foods with varying thicknesses or if you’re cooking two things at the same time.
– A LCD screen – This makes it easier to see what settings you have programmed your unit to do, as well as how close you are to the desired temperature.
– Pre-programmed settings – This lets you choose from a list of presets, making your life easier and giving you more time to socialize with your friends and family.
– Maximum temperature setting – This is ideal for those who like their meat well done (nearly burnt) instead of rare and juicy.
6. What to Consider When Choosing the Best Barbecue Automatic Temperature Controller:
How much are you looking to spend on your BBQ temperature controller? If you want to spend as little as possible, there are some lower-end models out there that will do the job just fine.
There are lots of different brands to choose from that specialize in making barbecue equipment, such as Masterbuilt and Camp Chef. The brand you choose should be based on your preferences and budget, but it’s always good to stick with a name that has received mostly positive reviews.
3) Additional features:
What kinds of other accessories or features does the unit come with? Look for units that have manual overrides, multiple smoking presets (which make it easier to switch from one type of meat to another), and a durable build.
4) Ease of use:
How easy is the controller to program and use? Look for brands that offer up pre-programmed settings for different foods, or make it easy to switch from smoking ribs to grilling chicken breasts by simply pressing a button.
Is your smoker or grill compatible with the barbecue controller you want to purchase? You can find this out by looking at the product description of each unit.
6) Number of Temperature Probes:
Is the controller you are looking at compatible with more than one probe? This is especially important if you’re cooking different meats in one smoker at the same time, or if you have a larger grill that needs to be monitored.
7) Maximum Temperature:
Is your unit able to go up to a high enough temperature when trying to reach your desired internal meat temperature? Most smokers can’t go above about 300 degrees Fahrenheit, but some reach up to 500 degrees.
8) Power source:
Do you want your controller run off regular AC power, battery power, or propane? Battery-operated units are easy to transport and portable, whereas propane-powered ones don’t rely on electric power and only work with propane containers of up to 20lbs.
Does the controller come with a timer? This is useful if you want to set it and forget it for a few hours, but still have some idea as to when your food will be finished cooking.
– What kind of warranty does the manufacturer provide? A longer warranty means you can always get a new unit if this one breaks down.
1) How do I know what temperature to set my BBQ temperature controller?
Generally speaking, the internal temperature you want your meat to reach is between 165°F and 185 °F. This range lets you make sure it’s safe, but still tastes delicious.
To find out how long it will take your food to cook at a given temperature, here is a great calculator you can use.
2) How do I set my BBQ temperature controller?
Most units on the market come with an instruction manual that walks you through how to program them. If yours does not, we recommend checking out this video on YouTube which has step-by-step instructions that will walk you through the process!
3) Does my BBQ temperature controller need to be constantly monitored?
Yes. If you are not around, your unit can’t know if the internal temperature of your meat is rising or falling. For this reason, these units are meant to be used by someone who can keep an eye on it.
4) Can I use my BBQ temperature controller with other grills or smokers?
Yes! The vast majority of these units are compatible with all kinds of smokers and even some grills, so they will work just fine.
As you can see, a temperature controller is a gadget that will make your life easier and your meat healthier! From the food safety aspect to the deliciousness of it all, there are many reasons why you should purchase this great tool.
In addition, these units don’t cost much money at all! A quick search on Amazon shows that most BBQ temperature controllers cost around Under $300 and can be shipped right to your door (they even throw in a free item!). So, don’t wait any longer and pick yours up today!